Primary Learningcommunity (PLC)
PREP to Year 6:
building strong foundations
Our Primary Learning Community (PLC) is where our students are able to explore the world we live in while developing the foundational skills needed to purposefully engage in it.
In our award-winning Primary facilities, our classes are vibrant and dynamic communities, built on high expectations, strong relationships and teamwork.
academically, emotionally, socially and spiritually
Our teachers provide safe and respectful environments of learning where students can grow academically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
Core Skills: literacy and numeracy
Each of our students develops essential understanding and skills, especially in literacy and numeracy, through our differentiated program to ensure a strong foundation of core skills is developed.
Meaningful learning, real-world projects
Inquiry activities and engaging real-world projects allow students to undertake learning that is challenging, adventurous and meaningful.
Nourishing inquisitive minds
Through our Foundations for Learning, students learn to:
- Question by developing critical thinking and research skills
- Create by using creative thinking and design thinking processes
- Communicate through a variety of modes to understand and be understood
- Improve by developing a growth mindset that allows them to learn from mistakes
Our primary students are able to grow through a diverse range of learning opportunities. Learning is tailored to build on students’ individual strengths and help them develop in areas where they need extra support.
- Individualised, tailored numeracy and literacy programs
- Specialist classes in Music, Physical Education and Japanese
- Weekly library lessons in the Resource Centre
- Learning support and extension programs
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) coding and robotics projects
- Opportunities for community service and leadership development
- Year-level outdoor education/camping program
- Weekly Christian Studies lessons where the Bible is explored
- Weekly Chapel services
Every child holds the utmost value
Above all else, our core belief that every child is unique and created in God’s image is fundamental to all we do and how we do it.
Why not visit and experience our Primary Learning Community firsthand?
We’d love to have you.
It has really helped me to know that no matter how silly I think a question is, it has value to ask questions and it can help others too. This school makes other schools look boring.
– Judson, Student
CalCC is amazing because the teachers listen and help you when you need to ask a question. The students are friendly and make you feel comfortable when you start.
It’s fun because there are lots of fun afternoon sports you can join and create friends.
– Isaiah, Student
Being encouraged to improve has helped me to learn more. The school is great and the subjects and teachers are really great too.
– Ben, Student