Thank you so much for your interest in our International Program.
We welcome many students during the year, with July to November being our busiest season. Our strongest market is Japan, but we are also fortunate to welcome longer-term students from elsewhere in Asia, as well as Europe and America.
Our host families receive $55 per student per night. In hosting an international student, you are confirming you can provide and meet the criteria listed below. Please read these requirements carefully.
● A private room in a clean, safe and secure household.
● Provision of three nutritious meals daily, including a packed school lunch.
● Ability to include the student(s) as part of your family and always supervise them appropriately (including before and after school supervision).
● Supervised transport to and from school by a member of the homestay family (full licence only) into the care of the College (including ticket payment if the student will travel by College bus or public transport with a family member).
● Ability to always communicate with the student(s) in a friendly manner and in English.
● Access to bathroom and laundry facilities as well as to household items such as towels, sheets, blankets and cooking, eating utensils etc.
● Notify the College of any illness or injury suffered by the student(s) in an appropriately timely manner.
● Ensure that no other international students or individuals from the same country as the visiting student reside in the home during the dates of our tour program.
● Agree to notify the College of any additional residents during the stay of our international students (inclusive of both short-term and long-term residents, adults and minors) as soon as possible and within 7 days.
● Obtain a Blue Card or Exemption Card for every household resident over 18 years of age and notify the College of any additional adult residents as soon as possible and within 7 days.
Creating this unique opportunity for our international students to explore Australian family life is priceless. Your generosity in sharing your home, food and culture will always be remembered.
If you would like to become a host family and open your home to one of our international students, please use the below link and leave your details with us.
Alternatively, you can email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
Individuals 18 years or over residing in the host family home while an international student is visiting must hold a valid Blue Card or an Exemption Card. Blue Cards for volunteers and Exemption Cards, for example for teachers, are valid for three years and are free of charge.
All you need to do is register an account with Blue Cards, share your account number and date of birth with us to be linked to our International Program and complete your application.
We are always here to help. Let us know if you have any questions.
After we have received your expression of interest, we will be in touch to arrange a quick home visit at a time suiting you. During the home visit, we will talk a little bit more about our program, explain our guidelines and answer all your questions.
Feel free to contact our homestay coordinator any time at email@example.com